Benvenuti or Welcome to A spasso con l’italiano – a stroll with Italian!
This is our newest site for practicing your writing skills. Several times each month we will post a short piece and ask you to respond with your comments and opinions. We will write a short commentary on Italian politics, or a movie, or perhaps we’ll talk about our favorite wines and recipes. Or maybe we will link some YouTube content and ask you to listen.
Then, we will then invite you to respond in Italian as best you can, and we will provide feedback and corrections. Please note that that we will not correct each and every error, but we will do our best to highlight the important ones that will help you to improve your writing and understanding of Italian grammar!
Some important points to remember:
- After each Esercitiamoci! post, we will post a Riflessioni with links to commonly made errors as well as other feedback on how to improve your writing and your language skills.
- Please do not correct the posts of others (but feel free to correct mine (Keith)!) — focus instead on writing your own response to the questions posed and learning from others!
- This site is open to all levels — please don’t feel discouraged that your Italian is “not good enough” or “too good” to participate. Remember that others will learn from what you write and what mistakes you do/don’t make.
- Constructive criticism leads to improvement! Don’t be afraid to make errors — it’s how we learn, especially with languages!
- Finally, please have fun and enjoy yourself! Learning a language should be fun and entertaining. Mistakes help us learn and become better speakers and writers of Italian!